Back pain is one of the most common reasons why most of our patients visit us at Starwood Chiropractic for treatment. Since your back is a complex structure made up of nerves, bones, ligaments, muscles, and tendons, any minor damage or misalignment can lead to serious pain or discomfort throughout the back. Our chiropractic care offers the testing and treatment you need to recover from your back pain and prevent it from returning.
Causes of Back Pain
Here are some common causes of back pain we see at our clinic:
- Pulled muscle: lifting weights, impacts from car accidents, and awkward twists can easily injure your back muscles, resulting in pain and stiffness.
- Osteoporosis: This condition causes your bone mass to decrease, making your bones susceptible to painful fractures.
- Scoliosis: The abnormal curvature of your spine may put pressure on the spinal structures, resulting in pain.
- Herniated discs: The vertebrae bones are separated by discs to avoid bones from rubbing against each other. Due to age or injury, these discs may move out of place, pinching a nearby nerve, leading to pain, tingling, and numbness.
- Sciatica: When the sciatic nerve is irritated, you may experience pain that radiates from the lower back up to the back of one of your legs.
- Arthritis: This inflammatory disease deteriorates joints in your body, including the back. Osteoarthritis is a common type of arthritis that causes your cartilage to wear down, resulting in pain and stiffness as bones rub against each other.
- Fibromyalgia: This nerve condition causes pain throughout your body, including your back.
Although there are several causes of back pain, chiropractic care can help manage back pain symptoms for a pain-free life. Instead of masking your symptoms with medications, we locate the root cause of your pain and provide natural remedies for a healthy recovery.
Risk Factors for Back Pain
While back pain affects 60-80% of adults in America, some people are more susceptible to back pain than others. You are likely to suffer from back pain if you:
- Are pregnant
- Sit for an extended period of time
- Are overweight
- Age 50 and above
- Don’t exercise
How Our Chiropractors Can Help
Treating back pain can be difficult with our professional help. That’s why our team will work to diagnose the root cuase of your pain to provide the appropriate treatment plan. Common chiropractic methods we use for back pain treatment include:
- Spinal manipulation: Manipulating your spine removes restrictions that impede the optimal function of your whole body. Adjustments involve applying gentle pressure on the back to realign the spinal column.
- Spinal decompression: We use a specialized table combined with traction therapy to gently stretch the spine, creating space in your vertebrae. This helps reduce pressure on trapped nerves.
- Lifestyle advice: We educate you on safe ways to lift weights, sleep, and sit to avoid back pain. If your weight is the cause of back pain, we can use nutritional counseling to help you lose weight and feel more active and healthy.
Visit Us for Natural Pain Relief
Are you suffering from back pain in Frisco, TX? Please book an appointment with our chiropractors at Starwood Chiropractic for effective treatment.