When you think about the work of a chiropractor, you easily picture spinal adjustments, and neck and back pain. However, you may not know that chiropractic care treats numerous conditions, including leg pain. If leg pain is getting the better of you in Frisco, TX, please schedule an appointment with Starwood Chiropractic for treatment.
Causes of Leg Pain
Common causes of knee pain include:
- Sprains and twists: Car accidents, sports accidents, falls, and slips may injure tendons and ligaments in your knee and hip joint, causing pain, swelling, and limited mobility.
- Osteoarthritis: The degeneration of the joints in the leg may cause pain and stiffness.
- Sciatica: When the sciatic nerve is irritated, you may experience pain that runs from the lower back to the back of one of your legs through the buttocks.
- Neuropathy: When your nerves are damaged, you may experience pain in your body, including the legs.
- Tendonitis: Inflammation of the tendons in the joints located in the leg causes pain and swelling.
Whether your leg pain is caused by a sports injury or any other personal injury, please book an appointment with our chiropractor for treatment.
Diagnosing Leg Pain
When you have leg pain, our chiropractor has several techniques to diagnose and treat your pain. The first step involves asking the patient the questions below:
- How can you describe the pain? Is it a dull, stabbing, or throbbing ache?
- Does the pain become worse when you make certain moves?
- When did the pain start?
- Is there any trigger for your leg pain?
- What other remedies have you tried?
- Are there other symptoms besides leg pain?
Next, the chiropractor will physically examine your leg to pinpoint the location of the pain. If the pain isn’t apparent, we carry out further diagnostics, including relying on x-ray images, CT scans, and MRIs.
How a Chiropractor Treats Leg Pain
Chiropractic care aims to reduce pain and inflammation and improve mobility. Spinal manipulations effectively align the spinal joints to alleviate pressure on the nervous system. And as you know, the nervous system coordinates your body functions, so when the nervous system is “freed up,” it performs optimally in pain management. Besides, spinal manipulations are effective in reducing sciatic nerve pain. Depending on the nature of the injury, we may also recommend massage therapy, lifestyle advice, and stretching exercises to manage leg pain.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Frisco, TX
Suffering from neck pain in Frisco, TX? You don’t have to continue living in pain. Instead, please book an appointment with Starwood Chiropractic for pain relief. Call us today at (972) 377-3909 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.